1315 – Move, Train, Play
Beginner / Pool Workshop
Sanibel, FL / Friday, June 22, 2018 – 8:30 am-12:00 pm – 3.0 credit hours
(Pool: 8:30-10:00 am / Classroom: 10:30 am-12:00 pm)
Faculty: Steph Toogood, AS
This course will show you how to MOVE! and to move well into old age…to move, to work, to play, to function well….to move efficiently, effectively and pain-free.
How? TRAIN S.M.A.R.T. focusing on minimizing the effects of aging on the body. Train to improve your life to work with ease and to function better. Train the body, the joints, the muscles. Train balance, stability, flexibility. Train coordination and brain train.
Now add fun!
TRAIN with PLAY to mobilize your body, challenge your brain and enjoy life more.
1) Explore exercise and enjoyment and the link between them.
2) Review physical development and changes from birth to death.
3) Determine skills required to move efficiently and effectively throughout life.
4) Experience how laughter and competition can enhance an exercise experience.
5) Design individual, pairs, and group games that are disguised exercises.
6) Include the mind and imagination in the programs.
FACULTY: Steph Toogood, AS, is the UK AEA training specialist, international educator and presenter of water fitness. She was a Fab After 50 Health Achiever nominee for Fitness Professionals Fitness Leader of the Year Award, named as one of the Top 10 Fitness Instructors in the UK by the Independent on Sunday, and has received the AEA Global Award for Educational Excellence.