2320 Ð Core Techniques for Spinal Post-Rehab
Intermediate / Pool Workshop
Sanibel, FL / Friday, June 22, 2018 Ð 8:30 am-12:00 pm Ð 3.0 credit hours
(Pool: 8:30-10:00 am / Classroom: 10:30 am-12:00 pm)
Faculty: Connie Jasinskas, MSc
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Practitioners requiring core strengthening strategies will discover useful techniques to improve functional range and strength, while decreasing or preventing back pain. Research findings will be applied to: pain management, fascial release, and progressive core strengthening exercises. AquaStretchª and Self-AquaStretchª techniques will be used to improve movement range and comfort. This session will provide vertical aquatic techniques for end-stage and post-rehab clients. Rehabilitation for spinal cord injury is not addressed.
This session is intended for practitioners of aquatic rehabilitation and post-rehabilitation, who require information and skills related to vertical exercise for people with musculoskeletal back pain. Research outcomes are applied to: pain management, manual techniques (for pain/mobility) applied by therapist or client, and core-strengthening exercise progressions from sub-acute to post-rehabilitation. Treatment of spinal cord injury is outside the scope of this session.
1) Describe affected populations, limitations/contraindications, and applications of vertical techniques for spinal post-rehab.
2) Review relevant literature regarding best practices for spinal post-rehabilitation.
3) Practice AquaStretchª and Self-AquaStretch, techniques for pain management and restoration of movement range.
4) Practice vertical aquatic techniques to decrease pain, improve alignment, restore range of motion, improve core stability, endurance and strength.
5) Consider post-rehab implementation strategies, using community based programming.
FACULTY: Connie Jasinskas, MSc, has been bringing passion and humor to her work as an international author and educator since 1984. AquaStretchª Foundations and AquaStretchª Certificate Course co-author, Connie specializes in AquaStretchª and aquatic rehab for chronic pain, breast cancer, musculoskeletal and systemic health issues. Visit her websites to learn more: www.AquaStretchCanada.com and www.FortheLoveofFit.com.