1219 – LE Strength for Balance and Fall Prevention
Beginner / Pool Workshop
Chicago, IL / Friday, November 8, 2019 – 1:00-3:00 pm – 2.0 credit hours
(Indoor Pool: 1:00-2:00 pm / Classroom: 2:00-3:00 pm)
Faculty: Jim Kelsey, KT, ATRIC
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Using slow motion and super
slow motion, which has been shown to improve and
increase muscle strength,
1) Review the evidence regarding muscle pliability.
2) Apply research to pool exercises for muscle strength and flexibility.
3) Experience improved and increased ROM.
4) Experiment with exercises for core and trunk strength and stability.
5) Examine case studies on improved balance and fall recovery.
6) Identify ways to improve gait.
FACULTY: Jim Kelsey, KT, ATRIC, was a kinseiotherapist for the VA Medical Center in Boston for 30 years. His areas of experience include neurology, orthopedics, spinal cord injury, amputee specialty, substance abuse, bariatric and weight loss. He has attended nearly every ATRI Conference since 2010 and was the recipient of the ATRI Dolphin Award in 2012.