2627 – AquaStretch™ Certificate
Intermediate / 7-Hour Pool Workshop
Sanibel, FL / Thursday, June 27, 2019 – 7.0 credit hours
Classroom 7:30-9:15 am
Pool: 9:15-11:00 am
Luncheon: 11:30 am-1:15 pm
Pool: 1:30-3:15 pm
Classroom: 3:15-5:00 pm
Faculty: Connie Jasinskas, MSc
AquaStretch™ is considered a breakthrough in pain
management and aquatic therapy. It helps to quickly restore flexibility lost
due to accidents or surgeries; significantly and immediately reduces chronic
pain or pain with movement; creates profound relaxation that helps to improve
function, quality of life, and sleep and therefore, the overall ability to
heal. Integrative exercise programs will be presented through case studies on
how to maximize the benefits of the AquaStretch™
technique. The participant will be presented with the tools to apply
appropriate documentation and application of this modality in their particular
aquatic therapy setting.
This course presents the foundations and applications of AquaStretch™, a new form of individual and facilitated aquatic exercise that has been successful in treating various patient populations including those suffering from chronic pain to elite athletes. AquaStretch™ theoretically breaks down fascial adhesions utilizing a combination of the facilitator/therapist’s manual pressure and the client/ patient’s active movement. AquaStretch™ method can be utilized as a wellness program or specifically applied as a skilled aquatic therapy technique.
This certificate course will cover the basic wellness applications and progressions of AquaStretch™ techniques. Topics include starting positions and grips, how to safely apply stretch resistance using 5-15 pound weights to the body in 3-5 foot depth water and understanding intuitive movement.
This is a manual, one-on-one technique not intended for group classes. Skills check and verbal exam will be given as part of the certificate course.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1) Explain the basic AquaStretch™ theories including, restoration of movement, stretch resistance, fascial adhesions and intuitive movement.
2) Safely progress a client through the eleven basic starting positions and grips within the AquaStretch™ wellness program.
3) Effectively cue and perform the basic AquaStretch™ procedure.
4) Determine appropriate water depth and equipment usage including safe application and removal of weights.
5) Describe appropriate level of documentation for various aquatic therapy settings.
6) Describe the benefits of the AquaStretch™ techniques for various patient populations.
FACULTY: Connie Jasinskas, MSc, has been bringing passion and humor to her work as an international author and educator since 1984. AquaStretch™ Foundations and AquaStretch™ Certificate Course co-author, Connie specializes in AquaStretch™ and aquatic rehab for chronic pain, breast cancer, musculoskeletal and systemic health issues. Visit her websites to learn more: www.AquaStretchCanada.com and www.FortheLoveofFit.com.