2802 - Ai Chi Certification
Intermediate / 8-hour Workshop
Washington, DC / Thursday, February 21, 2019 – 7:30 am-4:30 pm – 8.0 credit hours
Indoor Pool: 7:30-9:30 am
Classroom: 9:30-11:00 am
Indoor Pool: 11:00 am-1:00 pm
Lunch on own: 1:00-2:00 pm
Classroom: 2:00-4:30 pm
Sanibel, FL / Wednesday, June 26, 2019 – 8:00 am-5:00 pm – 8.0 credit hours
Classroom: 8:00-10:00 am
Pool: 10:00 am-12:30 pm
Lunch on own: 12:30-1:30 pm
Classroom: 1:30-5:00 pm
Faculty: Ruth Sova, MS, ATRIC
Take your Ai Chi experience to a new level. Prepare yourself to offer the best Ai Chi techniques to give improved care to your clients. Compare the benefits of Ai Chi for the average healthy adult and modifications to Ai Chi for special situations. Hear about the Eastern thought behind the movement performance and sequence of Ai Chi. Examine the continuing evolution of Ai Chi with several new ways to make the basic program more effective. Analyze the body and mind efforts necessary for a positive effect. Apply teaching techniques including lecturing, music, pacing and flow of a class or workshop. Examine several different ways to focus your Ai Chi instruction to create new or advanced Ai Chi opportunities for your clients. Ai Chi Ne (partner work) and Cultivating the Chi (advanced Ai Chi positions) and Visualization Journey are included in this program.
· Learn the deeper concepts behind Ai Chi.
· Experiment with a new focus to give more depth.
· Gain experience with the intricacies of each movement pattern.
· Apply teaching and leadership skills and prewritten teaching scripts.
· Compare modifications for varied special populations.
For your clients:
· Show your excellence in teaching and caring for clients with professional development that provides a new and deeper way to nurture your clients.
· Prepare yourself to provide the best of this prestigious, highly regarded program.
· This proven, effortless program continues its healing reputation, strengthening the immune system, boosting the psyche, bringing focus to vital life forces and increasing energy.
· Experience the tranquil balance of the sympathetic and para-sympathetic systems, the soothing balance of yin and yang, and the balance of the body-mind.
· Enjoy the beauty and relaxation offered by combining the best of life – music, water, and Ai Chi. Feel the harmony and centering as your spirit awakens and you move toward self-actualization.
SUGGESTED PREREQUISITES (not mandatory):
Upon satisfactory completion of this course, participants will be certified as Ai Chi Basic Practitioners.
The certification is good for two years and is simple to renew. You will get more renewal information in the course.
· Ai Chi in depth
· Cultivating the Chi (new Ai Chi positions)
· Practical teaching information
· Pool teaching scripts for varied learning focus
· Ai Chi for special populations
· The autonomic nervous system
· Breathing techniques and benefits
· The para-sympathetic and sympathetic systems
· Physical positioning
· The Visuatlization Journey
· Ai Chi practice in the pool
Physical and Occupational Therapists and Assistants, Exercise Specialists, Athletic Trainers, Therapeutic Recreation Specialists, Aquatic Therapists – other healthcare professionals involved in water therapy programs.
FACULTY: Ruth Sova, MS, ATRIC, an internationally known speaker, author and consultant, is the founder of six different businesses including the Aquatic Therapy & Rehab Institute, the Aquatic Exercise Association, Living Right Magazine, America’s Certification Trainers, Armchair Aerobics Inc., and the Fitness Firm. A leader in the health and wellness industry, she also draws on her vast experience as an entrepreneur to teach others what it takes to assume the risk of business and enterprise. Ruth is on the Wisconsin Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and is the author of numerous articles and eleven books on her specialties of wellness and business. She is the recipient of numerous awards including the Sevier-McCahill Disability International Foundation Award; and the John Williams, Jr. International Swimming Hall of Fame Adapted Aquatics Award. Known for her high energy and practical teaching approaches, Ruth has brought thousands of people over the years to understand the benefits of water exercise.