2647 – Chronic Pain Techniques including AquaStretchTM
Intermediate / Pool Workshop
Albuquerque, NM / Saturday, March 7, 2020 – 8:00 am-5:00 pm – 8.0 credit hours
Indoor Pool: 8:00-10:00 am
Classroom: 10:00 am-12:00 pm
Lunch on own: 12:00-1:00 pm
Classroom: 1:00-2:00 pm
Indoor Pool: 2:00-5:00 pm
Faculty: Julia Meno, CTRS, CMT, ATRIC
Learn aquatic therapy techniques and exercises to assist chronic pain clients with relaxation, coping and relief of their symptoms. This is a hands-on course in the instruction and practice of soft tissue mobilizations combined with AquaStretch™. Learn an interactive aquatic progressive approach using the client’s active movement. This course will provide the aquatic practitioner with effective skills to share with clients immediately. Clients will thank you for really helping with their pain. These aquatic techniques are both effective and dynamic, and at times profoundly influence the clients’ own awareness of self and movement.
1) Explore aquatic therapy treatment protocol for clients with chronic pain conditions.
2) Practice self-decompression techniques and cuing others for correct positioning.
3) Apply the fundamentals of Basic AquaStretch™
4) Examine Fascial Adhesion Theory and the 4-step Basic AquaStretchTM myofascial trigger point release procedure to resolve fascial adhesions.
5) Determine indications, contraindications and precautions for applying myofascial aquatic release and active positional release techniques.
6) Practice the effects of using immersion to assist in diagnosis and trace the pathways of myofascial disturbances in the body.
7) Determine client positioning and therapist contact to promote relaxation and tissue awareness.
8) Gain skills to observe, feel, and mobilize restricted tissues to have greater flexibility, strength and coordinated movements.
FACULTY: Julia Meno, CTRS, CMT, ATRIC, is the founder/owner of Therapeutic Aquatics, Inc. and provides individual Myofascial Aquatic Body Work, AquaStretch™ and adaptive aquatic classes. She is the author and publisher of The Bad Ragaz Ring Method Visual Instructional Manual and Video; and co-producer of the PNF in The Pool and Myofascial Aquatic Body Work DVDs. She received the 2014 Aquatic Therapy Professional Award and the 2002 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.