2621 – Improving Ai Chi Outcomes
Intermediate / 3-hour Workshop
Faculty: Donna Lewen, BA, ATRIC
Learn a movement and breathing procedure that can be implemented prior to teaching Ai Chi, increasing the outcome for your patients/clients. Myofascial meridians, Chinese Meridians, Yin Yang Theory, Visualization and Meditation will be implemented along with breath work. Discover ways to quickly eliminate stress and decrease cortisol levels with QiGong. The Ai Chi Practitioner will create the space needed to let the energy flow unimpeded.
1) Increase the outcome for Ai Chi participants.
2) Eliminate congestion through proper breathing, movement, and the Chinese Meridian Systems working together.
3) Discover techniques to decrease your body’s reaction to stress though gentle movement to calm the vagus nerve.
4) Implement the ‘9’ form as used in QiGong for completion.
5) Considerations regarding the energetic influences of the Ai Chi Instructor, as well as myofascial meridians.
FACULTY: Donna Lewen, BA, ATRIC, owns and operates Liquid Assets for Fitness in Phoenix, AZ. She is an Arthritis Foundation Online Educator/Trainer and works with geriatrics, pediatrics and clients with health challenges. Donna is an AquaStretch™ Facilitator and ATRI AquaStretch™ Trainer. She is co-author of the ACSM Exercise is Medicine Aquatic Solutions for Chronic Conditions Manual. She is a consultant at the Virginia G. Piper Sports and Fitness Facility for Persons with Disabilities and also studies at the Center for Applied Energy Medicine. She is the 2012 recipient of the ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.