2628 – Intermediate AquaStretchTM Pro for the Hip
Intermediate / 2-hour Workshop
Faculty: Laurie Denomme, B.Kinesiology
Prerequisite: Participants must have completed Introduction to AquaStretchTM or AquaStretchTM Basics or the AquaStretchTM Specialty Certificate Program.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: You’ve learned the AquaStretch™ technique – now it’s time to become a pro. This workshop teaches and applies knowledge of anatomy in motion to the AquaStretch™ procedure, One Leg Standing. Develop an understanding of what ranges of motion should be available at the hip, enhancing your ability to seek out and identify probable areas of tightness, pain or restriction. Learn why limited mobility and stability of these muscles can be the source of lower back pain, sciatica, headaches and more. Apply the principles of movement to restore optimal function to the hip flexors, adductors, abductors, rotators and hamstrings. Incorporate exercises to enhance stability in the newly acquired range of motion, facilitating maximized client results.
1) Describe why 3-dimensional movement is an essential component of any prevention, performance or rehabilitation program.
2) Identify motion at the hip necessary for functional movement.
3) Identify common deficits in hip range of motion and how that can lead to dysfunction.
4) Apply understanding of functional anatomy to restore optimal function to the hip flexors, adductors, abductors, rotators and hamstrings.
5) Select appropriate exercises to be done in a gravitational environment to improve stability in newly acquired range of motion.
FACULTY: Laurie Denomme, B. Kinesiology, is an AquaStretch™ Instructor, NG360 Nike Golf Performance Specialist, and GIFT Fellow through the Gray Institute. She has presented nationally and internationally at AEA, ATRI, IDEA and other conferences, having been voted as a Top 10 presenter at AEA’s International Conference in both 2011 and 2012, and is the recipient of the 2013 AEA Fitness Professional Global Award.