2630 – AquaStretchTM in the Home Exercise and Group Setting
Intermediate / 3-hour Workshop
Faculty: Donna Adler, BA, ATRIC
In this interactive course, learn to use the basic AquaStretch™ techniques and take them to the home exercise and group setting. No previous AquaStretch™ experience is necessary. This workshop is also ideal for the seasoned AS Facilitator, or therapists looking for cutting edge aquatic dynamic stretching techniques that clients/patients can utilize in a home exercise program. The seasoned AquaStretch™ Facilitator will be able to improve client/patient outcomes by implementing this program. Walk away with an understanding how these simple techniques can achieve quick releases in chronic pain.
1) Review the basic AquaStretch™ technique.
2) Implement the Basic Procedure (Play/Freeze/Pressure/Move).
3) Implement the Dynamic Stretch Procedure (Play/Freeze/Stretch/Move).
4) Integrate Oscillation and Contract-Relax into your program.
5) Describe fascia and how it affects movement.
6) Explore aquatic dynamic stretching techniques that can be modified for the group exerciser for the lower extremity and upper extremity. (One Leg Stand/Arthritis of the Thumb/Neck Stretch/IT Band/Great Toe Release/Shoulder).
7) Develop a home exercise program to improve AquaStretch™ outcomes.
FACULTY: Donna Adler, BA, ATRIC, owns and operates Liquid Assets for Fitness in Phoenix, AZ. She works with geriatrics, pediatrics and clients with health challenges. Donna is an AquaStretch™ Facilitator and ATRI AquaStretch™ Trainer, and the recipient of the 2012 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award. She is a co-author of the Aquatic Solutions for Chronic Conditions Manual, and is a consultant at the Virginia G. Piper Sports and Fitness Facility for Persons with Disabilities. Donna also continues her studies at the Center of Applied Energy Medicine in a Medical Intuitive Training program.