2633 Ð Intermediate AquaStretchTM for Lower Extremity
Intermediate / 2-hour Workshop
Faculty: Donna Adler, BA, ATRIC
Prerequisite: Participants must have completed Introduction to AquaStretchTM or AquaStretchTM Basics or the AquaStretchTM Specialty Certificate Program.
This course includes techniques that can be sequenced into your AquaStretchª Treatment Plan. AquaStretchª Sequencing will explore the use of contract-relax, intuitive movement, accentuation and intentional movement for the lower extremity. Discussion on the myofascial meridians and how they relate to sequencing will be learned. The AS Sequencing technique will assist therapists limited in time available to see patients/clients. This Lower Extremity workshop is ideal for those with limited foot, ankle, lower extremity ROM as well as referred pain from the upper extremity. AquaStretchª techniques are holistically based and clinically effective; treatment is hands-on and can be implemented as part of any health and wellness program.
1) Explore basic AquaStretchª lower extremity procedures.
2) Apply a combination of contract-relax, intuitive movement, accentuation and intentional movement to optimize AquaStretchª treatments.
3) Explore basic AquaStretchª procedures with variations in Foot/Ankle/Toe Grips/IT Pump and One Leg Stand.
4) Demonstrate benefits for neuropathy, chronic ankle discomfort and lack of ROM.
5) Sequence Contract/Relax for IT Pump and OLS.
6) Examine Trigger Points.
7) Comparisons will be made regarding the link in the Upper Extremity and Lower Extremity as it relates to myofascial release.
FACULTY: Donna Adler, BA, ATRIC, owns and operates Liquid Assets for Fitness in Phoenix, AZ. She is an Arthritis Foundation Online Educator/Trainer and works with geriatrics, pediatrics and clients with health challenges. Donna is an AquaStretchª Facilitator and ATRI AquaStretchª Trainer. She is co-author of the ACSM Exercise is Medicine Aquatic Solutions for Chronic Conditions Manual. She is a consultant at the Virginia G. Piper Sports and Fitness Facility for Persons with Disabilities and also studies at the Center for Applied Energy Medicine. She is the 2012 recipient of the ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.