Beginner / Pool Only
Sanibel, FL / Thursday, June 3, 2021 – 4:30-5:30 pm – 1.0 credit hour
(Pool: 4:30-5:30 pm)
Faculty: Julia Meno, CTRS, CMT, ATRIC
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Danmar Products has a complete line of assistive devices that can be used during aquatic therapy or aquatic exercise. The equipment provides stability and support as well as buoyancy. There is a basic line of flotation assistance equipment. There is also the option of having equipment custom made specifically for individual needs.
1) Participate in or observe the demonstration of Danmar therapy aids for aquatic therapy, exercise or instruction.
2) Discover how to put on the equipment correctly.
3) Identify aquatic therapies or instruction for which each piece can be utilized.
4) Demonstrate an exercise or therapeutic technique using a piece of equipment of your choice.
5) Explore customization of equipment.
FACULTY: Julia Meno, CTRS, CMT, ATRIC, is the founder/owner of Therapeutic Aquatics, Inc. and provides individual Myofascial Aquatic Body Work, AquaStretch™ and adaptive aquatic classes. She is the author and publisher of The Bad Ragaz Ring Method Visual Instructional Manual and Video; and co-producer of the PNF in The Pool and Myofascial Aquatic Body Work DVDs. She received the 2014 Aquatic Therapy Professional Award and the 2002 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.