Beginner / Pool Only
Sanibel, FL / Tuesday, June 1, 2021 – 4:30-5:30 pm – 1.0 credit hour
(Pool: 4:30-5:30 pm)
Faculty: Laurie Denomme, B. Kinesiology
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Explore the power of positioning with Nekdoodle®. Learn how to use unique start positions for common therapeutic exercises to get the movement you want in the place you want it. Practice applications to common therapeutic exercises for the upper and lower body.
1) Understand how positioning facilitates results.
2) Learn how to use the 6-7 Formula as a positioning strategy.
3) Explore ways to use flotation equipment for positioning.
4) Use upper body positioning for targeted mobility and strength.
5) Use lower body positioning for targeted mobility and strength.
FACULTY: Laurie Denomme, B. Kinesiology, Kinesiologist and Fellow of Applied Functional Science through the Gray Institute, is an international fitness educator and founder of WECOACH, whose expertise has been called upon by top consumer magazines including Self and Weight Watchers. She is the recipient of the 2013 AEA Global Aquatic Fitness Professional Award and 2014 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.