Intermediate / Pool Workshop
Sanibel, FL / Wednesday, June 2, 2021 – 1:30-4:45 pm – 3.0 credit hours
(Classroom: 1:30-3:00 pm / Pool: 3:15-4:45 pm)
Sanibel, FL / Friday, June 4, 2021 – 8:30-11:45 am – 3.0 credit hours (repeat)
(Classroom: 8:30-10:00 am / Pool: 10:15-11:45 am)
Faculty: Laurie Denomme, B.Kinesiology
COURSE DESCRIPTION: BioExercise™ is an innovative exercise program that combines activities for the body and mind to speed results. Learn how to apply brain boosters to common aquatic exercises for knees and hips. Practice ways to ensure clients are working at the right intensity to strengthen neural connections. Get whole body results that help clients perform activities like gardening, navigating curbs, and climbing stairs.
1) Discuss common aquatic exercises for knees and hips.
2) Learn brain boosting techniques that improve motor learning.
3) Practice ways to monitor and measure intensity.
4) Apply the learned concepts for fun yet functional outcomes.
5) Expand instructional cues to help clients progress faster.
FACULTY: Laurie Denomme, B. Kinesiology, Kinesiologist and Fellow of Applied Functional Science through the Gray Institute, is an international fitness educator and founder of WECOACH, whose expertise has been called upon by top consumer magazines including Self and Weight Watchers. She is the recipient of the 2013 AEA Global Aquatic Fitness Professional Award and 2014 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.