Intermediate / Pool Workshop
Sanibel, FL / Tuesday, June 1, 2021 – 12:45-4:00 pm – 3.0 credit hours
(Classroom: 12:45-2:15 pm / Pool: 2:30-4:00 pm)
Faculty: Laurie Denomme, B.Kinesiology
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Strong and mobile hips are essential for total body functionality. Learn the 6-7 Formula and how to use it to help the hips move better. Start with part one: move in six directions to identify hip function. Layer in use of 7-foot positions for progressive hip strengthening. Make it personal. Teach clients what they should feel so they can be part of the results equation.
1) Learn the 6-7 Formula and why it works.
2) Identify hip function by moving in six directions.
3) Use 7-foot positions for progressive hip strengthening.
4) Explore ways to use the hands to target the hips.
5) Expand instructional cues to help clients progress faster.
FACULTY: Laurie Denomme, B. Kinesiology, Kinesiologist and Fellow of Applied Functional Science through the Gray Institute, is an international fitness educator and founder of WECOACH, whose expertise has been called upon by top consumer magazines including Self and Weight Watchers. She is the recipient of the 2013 AEA Global Aquatic Fitness Professional Award and 2014 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.