Intermediate / Half-Day Course
Live via Zoom / Sunday, September 27, 2020 – 8:00-11:30 am Pacific Daylight Time
3.5 credit hours
(Lecture with potential Pool Demo or Video)
Faculty: Julia Meno, CTRS, CMT, ATRIC
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This is a workshop to learn Lumbo Pelvic Hip (LPH) trigger points associated with “lower crossed syndrome” pain. This is a hands-on class to examine/palpate trigger points and the pain referral patterns typically presented with LPH pain. We will discuss the muscle imbalances and how to progress an individual to eventual self-maintenance. The therapist will learn to apply both direct and indirect aquatic release techniques.
1) Review the current understanding of what is a Trigger Point (TP).
2) Be able to identify an active TP from a latent TP and learn how to use a TP Pain Referral Chart.
3) Examine visual and touch techniques for locating a TP.
4) Practice the direct techniques of vibration, friction, grasp and compression.
5) Explore learned aquatic release techniques in a warm water pool.
FACULTY: Julia Meno, CTRS, CMT, ATRIC, is the founder/owner of Therapeutic Aquatics, Inc. and provides individual Myofascial Aquatic Body Work, AquaStretch™ and adaptive aquatic classes. She is the author and publisher of The Bad Ragaz Ring Method Visual Instructional Manual and Video; and co-producer of the PNF in The Pool and Myofascial Aquatic Body Work DVDs. She received the 2014 Aquatic Therapy Professional Award and the 2002 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award.