Live on Zoom / Saturday, May 15, 2021
10:00 AM Eastern / 9:00 AM Central / 8:00 AM Mountain / 7:00 AM Pacific
Faculty: Donna Lewen, BA, ATRIC
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Learn quick fascial techniques for common diagnoses and pain seen in the therapy setting. Experience and learn to implement land-based fascial work in the classroom, and discover how to adapt these grips in the pool. Enhance methods to feel, sense and move pain out of the body, integrating some cranial work with visualization. Holistic methodology will be explored.
1) Learn methods to feel, sense and move pain out of the body.
2) Discover the link between emotions and fascia.
3) Explore kinesthetic skills, physical environment, and breath work with fascial techniques.
4) Define metabolic waste and discover how fascial techniques dissolve it.
5) Experience fascial technique grips for quick pain reduction in common diagnoses for:
• Thumb and Hand Pain
• Carpal Tunnel
• Buttocks Pain
• Dorsal Aspect of Hand Pain
• General Back Pain
6) Integrate cranio-sacral work with visualization for optimal results.
FACULTY: Donna Lewen, BA, ATRIC, has dedicated her life to aquatics for more than 25 years, and currently works with aging adults and persons with disabilities. She was an Arthritis Foundation Trainer for over 20 years, a consultant at Ability360, and an AquaStretch™ Facilitator/Trainer. She was the recipient of the 2016 ATRI Aquatic Therapy Professional Award, the 2012 ATRI Tsunami Spirit Award, and the 2013 Arthritis Foundation Regional Public Service Award-University of Pittsburgh Community Service Award. She continues her studies in Energy Medicine, and is a Reiki Master/Trainer. Beyond her active practice, she offers intuitive guidance and wellness coaching.