Intermediate / Half-Day Course
Live via Zoom / Sunday, August 23, 2020 – 8:00-11:30 am – 3.5 credit hours
(Lecture with potential Pool Demo or Video)
Faculty: Connie Jasinskas, MSc
COURSE DESCRIPTION: AquaStretch™(A/S) is a popular aquatic manual therapy. This session will offer methods to restore range of motion through Self-AquaStretch/Self-Assisted Stretch (SAS). SAS can improve clients’ ability to problem-solve soft-tissue pain and movement restriction. The result is: restored range of motion, decreased pain between visits, client empowerment, increased body-awareness, and improved client self-responsibility. People with neuropathic pain have been shown to have a positive response to SAS because it is self-administered. SAS techniques, plus static stretches for the extremities, core, and neck will be demonstrated and practiced. This session is ideal for small-group therapy, as well as 1:1 client care.
1) Practice strategies for clients to self-administer AquaStretch™ procedures using Self-AquaStretch/Self-administered stretch techniques (SAS).
2) Demonstrate and practice static stretch techniques to compliment SAS.
3) Demonstrate and practice SAS for the lower extremities, upper extremities, core and neck.
4) Review static stretches to compliment SAS.
5) Consider applications of SAS plus complimentary static stretching for small groups and 1:1 client care.
FACULTY: Connie Jasinskas, MSc, has been bringing passion and humor to her work as an international author and educator since 1984. AquaStretch™ Foundations and AquaStretch™ Certificate Course co-author, Connie specializes in AquaStretch™ and aquatic rehab for chronic pain, breast cancer, musculoskeletal and systemic health issues. Visit her websites to learn more: www.AquaStretchCanada.com and www.FortheLoveofFit.com.