Live on Zoom / Saturday, April 10, 2021
10:00 AM Eastern / 9:00 AM Central / 8:00 AM Mountain / 7:00 AM Pacific
Faculty: Ruth Sova, MS, ATRIC
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Spiraling! It is thought that the education and reinforcement of repeated spiral/diagonal patterns increases coordination while promoting joint stability and neuromuscular control. It should be incorporated during functional training in order to effectively influence improved motor programming. One purpose of Spiraling Ai Chi is to enhance and create movement in areas where the neuromuscular system has been compromised. Overall, Spiraling Ai Chi is designed be multi-planar, multi-positional, movement-focused with variable speeds and a large freedom of movement.
1) Create movement in body segments that are compromised.
2) Experience the benefits of spiraling for fall recovery
3) Review evidence regarding spiraling and movement dysfunction, falling, and pain amelioration.
4) Discuss the shoulder and hip movement created by the hand and foot.
5) Apply specific postures and concepts to ortho, neuro and pain patients.
FACULTY: Ruth Sova, MS, ATRIC, president of the Aquatic Therapy & Rehab Institute, served on the Wisconsin Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, received the Governor’s Entrepreneurial Award, the IDEA Outstanding Business Award, the first Presidential Sports Award in aquatic exercise, and AEA’s Contribution to the Industry Award. She has authored eighteen books and over 50 DVDs and CDs. She is known for her work in aquatic fitness, aquatic therapy, BackHab, Ai Chi and creating connections with other aquatic, health and therapy organizations.